Saturday, January 5, 2008

THE START AND FINISH OF A GREAT SEASON

Man! Things were going great... it was our first game and we were just running all over them warriors! Speaking of running I had two running touchdowns.. This is me #7 rolling out to pass it to my boy Kyler Fackrell for our first of two touchdown passes..I love passing to that long armed freak, we just simply connect like no other..but as much as I like passing I might love running more which might not be so good for a quarterback as my coaches would say... So everything was looking good for a great season, and then it was getting close to the end of the first half and there were just a few seconds left and I was running the ball and I got tackled and my knee twisted the way it wasn't suppose to...It hurt and just didnt feel right but I stayed in for the last few plays...so we were walking into the locker room after the half and my coach saw me limping and he asked if i was ok, and I said no of course...which leads me to this little scene over here...i was in the training room and i was told i had a tear and ill probably be out for a few weeks which was NO BUENO!! So this picture right here shows me being held up by my favorite women at mesa high..my trainer Miss. Wood, and also my buddy Eric McNeil helping me put on some shorts so i can go out and watch the second half..Well, like I said..everything was going great and then it had to end after the first half of my first game...very unfortunate! So as some of you know I came back after a few games and played two more games and just hurt my knee more, and eventually got surgery which was small...so small that i could walk the first day...slowly but surely! Well that's my story...and as of right now when it comes to sports, im hitting the weight room to come back twice as strong!!

4 comments:

Sassy said...

Yes, it' true that he was walking the first day with help, but he failed to mention that the dr. was not optimistic at all that he would play sports ever again, he had wrenched it pretty good!! He had a lot of prayers and fasting on his behalf and when the surgeons came out of surgery their words were "I don't know who gave this boy a blessing, but we would like one." They also said "that looking at the M.R.I. and looking in his knee were two different knees" We felt like we had had a huge blessing(miracle) given to us.
I hope Brody doesn't mind me saying all this, but I was sure thankful. Love you son, Mom

stephanie said...

wow, I guess I am not cool enough to be one of the people on your blog..no it is fun that you started one

stephanie said...

that's better.....love you bro

Nikki said...

Welcome to the blogging world little brother, People will love to read about you, You are so talented and very special. Love ya!

That was a sad day when we heard you were out for the rest of the season, I am definately looking forward to next season!!!!